- Grilled Cheese ; Crunchy!
- Tomato Soup ; Hot!
What Clothes did you Bring and did you wear all of them?
I definitely brought more swimsuits than I actually needed. But I did wear all of my other clothes.
I was very skeptical to buy rain pants prior to my trip. Turns out, the heavy duty rain pants saved my ass, because when we got to Krafla Volcano , the wind was about 30 Mph! and it snowed ! without my rain jacket and rain pants, I don’t think I could do the hike around the craters near the volcano.
These craters were amazing and I would be very sad if I missed the hike! My choices are based on my needs. there are tons similar gears out there across brands.
- Rain Jacket (My choice: Beta AR)
- Lightweight Puffy (My choice: Cerium Hoody)
- Thin and light weight hoodie (My choice: R1)
- Rain/Snow Pants (My choice: Beta AR)
- Inner Layer Gloves (My choice: E-tip)
- Outer Layer Gloves (My choice: Mitten version of this)
- Base Layer (My Choice: Rei)
- Crampons (Optional if you are glacier hike by yourself )
- Hiking Socks
- Lots thermal leggings
- Flip Flops for hot springs
Turns out there are so many tours we could just follow them for a period of time. we didn’t have ice-axe which probably was not a smart choice, but we used our regular hiking poles.
We also hiked further than many tours did. So the majority of the time, we were the only two people on the massive land of glacier.
It was cold, it was bright, it was quiet, and it was scary and overwhelming. I had a lot of emotions and feelings during the hike.
Get at duty free store before you get on the plane!
Hope you like Part 2 .
Feel free to ask any questions if I did not cover in my tips